SomaDetect is a high-growth technology startup in the dairy industry that is looking to expand its development team. We have a diverse team that strives to develop fiercely innovative solutions, with a focus on quality to create products that put farmers first. SomaDetect is now a fully remote company, with team clusters in Buffalo, NY, and across Canada (southern Ontario, Ottawa, Fredericton, and Halifax). This is a remote position.
We are looking for a motivated and innovative Software Engineer who has a passion for new technology and software development in the world of cloud Web services and applications, applied AI and Internet of Things (IoT). This individual will be responsible for the development of cloud scale Web applications, AI models and services that interface with IoT devices deployed all over the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement scalable Web applications in several different languages and platforms;
- Build cloud-scale micro-services in different languages;
- Create new algorithms and software components which run on IoT devices and communicate with cloud services;
- Develop and maintain efficient pipelines from data acquisition to AI model deployment to both cloud and edge devices;
- Write code applying state of the art DevOps principles such as unit testing, code analysis, CI/CD pipelines, etc. in order to reduce development cycles and allow rapid feature development;
- Participate in multiple integration efforts with other on farm equipment and third party software;
- Responsible for continuing to maintain technical and business knowledge of Web and IoT applications to keep up with technology trends..
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience with AWS or another public cloud like Azure or GCP;
- You have at least 3 years of experience with Python backend programming or other equivalent backend frameworks and languages such as Java, Ruby, .NET, NodeJS or Go;
- You have at least 3 years of experience building and securing REST APIs;
- You have good knowledge of authentication protocols such as OAuth and OpenID Connect and/or SAML;
- You have experience working with logging and monitoring tools such as Amazon Cloud Watch, ELK, New Relic or equivalent;
- You have experience working with Amazon SQS, Apache Kafka or equivalent messaging technologies;
- You have experience with relational SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MSSQL;
- You have experience with agile planning tools like Jira or equivalent;
- You have experience writing code that can scale horizontally to 100s of nodes;
- You have solid knowledge and experience with containerization technologies like Docker;
- You can scale a data application to thousands of connected users/devices
- You have good understanding of networking and cloud security;
- You possess a university or college degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- You have hands-on technical skills working with IoT devices and/or cloud-based products;
- You have a passion for technology and you are motivated and eager to learn more;
- You have exceptional critical-thinking and analytical skills;
- You have strong communication and documentation skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad range of individuals.
- Experience with Django Python framework or Flask;
- You have experience with NOSQL databases like Dynamo, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with C++;
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines in Bitbucket, GitLab or equivalent;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like CloudFormation, Terraform or others;
- Knowledge of container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or equivalent;
- Experience running machine learning applications on the cloud; SageMaker, Google ML or equivalent;
- Practical experience with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow/Keras or equivalent;
- Experience modifying Linux kernel and customizing Linux distributions;
- Experience working with NVIDIA DGX workstations or other high performance computing systems and big data.
- Experience in the dairy industry or related agricultural technology field.
This position is remote. Working hours are open but need to fit within the 7am to 6pm EST time frame.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.